We are very excited to introduce our naturally dyed jewelry range. Our wooden beads are all dyed with botanical dyes and treated with flaxseed oil. The silk and cotton threads we use for our tassels have also been botanically dyed.
These necklaces are lightweight and confortable. No clasp (no getting your hair tangled in it!), they just slip over your head. The individual beads are appoximately 6mm wide and all the necklaces are approximately 29 inches long ( actual lenght of the string of beads) not including the tassel. The tassels vary very slightly in lenght. Please see details below.
From left to right on FIRST PHOTO:
1. Orange/red beads and pink tassel- madder dyed beads and avocado stone dyed cotton thread, tassel length approx 2 1/4 inches
2. Rich brown beads with light blue tassel- Onion skin dyed beads and indigo silk thread, tassel length approx 2 1/2 inches
3. Dark Brown beads and light peach/brown tassel- Madder and Sage dyed beads and avocado skin dyed silk thread, tassel length approx 2 1/4 inches
4. Mauve/brown beads with fawn tassel- Alkanet dyed beads and silk thead, tassel length approx 2 1/4 inches
5. Light tan beads with light tan tassel- Roiboos dyed beads and silk thread, tassel length approx 2 1/4 inches
Our necklaces can be treated as most other costume jewelry. Please avoid getting them wet and avoid long term direct exposure to sunlight. This does not mean that you can't wear your necklace on a sunny day, it just means avoid keeping it on a sunny windowsill for weeks. Some discoloration could occur if in contact with perfume with alcohol content.
All necklaces come packaged in recycled paper card jewelry boxes with naturally dyed fabric ribbon as illustrated on third photo.
Custom orders and stockist enquiries welcome.